If you follow along with me on Instagram, you saw I took a friend through a little adventure through town over the weekend. We went to some of my favorite spots in Waco, including Magnolia Market. But, I feel like folks forget, or don't realize, there is so to do & see here. Made famous by Magnolia Market + Fixer Upper, the Alico Building (one of the first skyscrapers in Texas), and the Waco Suspension Bridge (cattle from the historic Chisholm Trail once crossed here), Waco, Texas has so much to offer! So I put together a little "bucket list" for Waco, Texas to share with you today.
My list includes parks, restaurants, museums, and my favorite shops! I've made a little map for you, but I'm also including more details that aren't listed, so be sure to read on!
1. Cameron Park • Our favorite spot for dogs walks, to enjoy nature, or hike. The park is over 400 acres, and boasts some of the best views in the city! We love the River Trail for walks with the pups and feeding the ducks.
2. Spice Village • Hands down my favorite shopping spot in town! You'll find everything from antiques, home decor, clothes, gifts, and more.
3. Restoration Crown • Another fun spot for home decor in town. You'll know you've arrived by the turquoise station wagon out front. Check out their Instagram for the latest sales!
4. The Craft Gallery • I've been shopping here with my mom since I was a kid. It's a top spot for one of a kind gifts by local artisans.
5. Heitmiller Steakhouse • Our favorite locally owned restaurant and bar. Perfect for drinks after work or dinner for a special occasion. Try the Big O' Strawberry Daiquiri and, if you're brave, the Calf Fries.
6. Parker's Park at West • This park was thought up and brought to life by sweet Parker himself. It's dedicated to his dad and others who lost their lives during the West Fertilizer Plant Explosion on April 17, 2013. Parker enjoyed the West Park before the explosion demolished it, so he came up with a plan to rebuild his favorite spot. Parker's Park doesn't disappoint and can be enjoyed by all!
7. Gerik's Bakery • By pass the famous Czech Stop, and pop in to Gerik's Bakery for the best kolaches in West. Grab my favorite, the strawberry cream cheese puff to curb your sweet tooth. Don't forget to take a few home to freeze for later too!
8. Texas Rangers Hall of Fame & Museum • Learn about Texas history and this cool museum. You'll see artifacts from Texas Rangers' criminal cases throughout the years, enjoy seeing detailed weaponry, and incredible paintings depicting all the Rangers do for Texas.
9. Waco Hippodrome Theater • One of my hands down favorite places in Waco, Texas. This old theatre has served as a live theatre and picture show for many years. It's hosted the likes of Elvis Presley & John Wayne. It's recently been restored to show multiple movies as well as live theatre. The neon sign alone as worth the visit!
10. Cameron Park Zoo • Waco's zoo doesn't disappoint! It's not too big, not too small, and offers a wide variety of exhibits. My favorites are the lemur & otter exhibits. Hop across the street to the Earle-Harrison House & Pape Gardens to get lost in a garden oasis right in the middle of town.
Check out this and so much more during your visit to Waco! I'll be sharing more on Wacotown soon, so be sure to check back!
Welcome to the Entertainment Capital of the World, Sin City, the fabulous Las Vegas! I'm sad to wrap up this trip, BUT I am ecstatic to be heading back there. I've loved recapping this quick vacay. It's been great in helping us plan & prep for our next trip there. We missed a few things, want to see a few again, and are just reminded how great Vegas is! I've put together a list of places to stay, restaurant spots, shopping, attractions and more. I've included spots we visited and plan to visit on our next trip. Enjoy!
Bellagio: This posh spot is perfect for a splurge. Everything about this resort screams luxury, and no matter what room you choose, you'll feel pampered. Opt for a fountain room for added wow factor.
Flamingo: Step into this retro hotel for a step back in time to old Las Vegas. There's even a conservatory for the Flamingo's flamingos!
Golden Nugget: This hotel on "the old strip" in the Fremont Street area has all that glitters is gold details! The grand entrance sets a great tone for a fab and glitzy stay.
The Strip: Travel all over the world in just one day! From far off places like Paris & Egypt, to Italy & Treasure Island, you'll enjoy all the strip has to offer. Whether you are there to party or with your family, there is something for everyone!
Bellagio Conservatory: This attraction is one not to miss! It's my top recommendation for Vegas, and it's FREE! The conservatory boasts a themed garden, butterfly sanctuary, and flowers for days!
Cirque du Soleil: Don't miss one of the amazing Cirque du Soleil shows Vegas has to offer! There are a variety of themes offered at many of the biggest hotels. My top pick is Zumanity, a crazy, cabaret style show mixed with Cique du Soleil & erotica.
Grande Canal Shoppes: Nestled between The Venetian & The Palazzo hotels, this mall features a large variety of shops and restaurants. Whether you want to splurge or just window shop, luxury is at every turn at these amazing shops.
Boulder City, Nevada: This quaint little town features antique shops, and is booming with history. Stop in on your drive to the Hoover Dam, and you may catch a glimpse of Big Horn Sheep.
The Buffet: Enjoy cuisine from all around the world at the Bellagio's famed buffet. They serve all meals, including breakfast. Stop in during a holiday for a special meal.
Serendipity: UPDATE: Serendipity Las Vegas is permanently closed. Made famous in New York City, catch a bit here at Caesar's Palace. And yes, that Frozen Hotel Chocolate is to die for! Next time, I'm stopping in for brunch and the Fried Eggs Benedict.
Eiffel Tower Restaurant: Book an early time to enjoy picturesque views at the restaurant inside the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas. Enjoy French cuisine and a romantic stop for dinner and views of the Bellagio Fountains.
Hoover Dam: Take in this Art Deco era marvel, and learn how it was made and works with the full tour. If anything, enjoy the amazing views and get awe-struck at it's sheer size!
Mob Museum: Learn about organized crime in the U.S., the mob & Las Vegas, and so much more at the Las Vegas Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement.
Neon Boneyard: We missed this on our first trip, and deeply regretted it since! A day AND night tour are at the top of our list for our next trip. Enjoy seeings the neon signs from vintage Las Vegas at this cool spot! Book tickets in advance so your chosen dates don't sell out.
Bellagio Fountains: This top attraction will not disappoint! The dancing fountains are even more spectacular in person! Take in a show at night for added Las Vegas sparkle!
Casinos: Of course you can't miss out on trying your hand at poker or roulette. Throw a few bucks in slot machine too. You never know, you might come home a millionaire!
Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden: This attraction is super fun for everyone in the family. The small garden with various cat breeds is beautiful, and the dolphin habitat is a must see. If you're lucky, you'll even catch a glimpse of Siegfried & Roy in the flesh!
Of course there are a GAZILLION other things to see & do in Las Vegas, but these are at least a few of my faves and on my list for next time.
Thanks so much for joining me on this quick trip! If you need help booking your vacation to Las Vegas or anywhere in the world, contact me here. Follow me on Instagram to join us on our next Vegas Vacation! We head out TOMORROW! Until next time!
Bellagio Fountains + Conservatory
My Fave Touristy Spots on the Strip
Muscle + Mead
Trip Wrap Up
If you are interested in more ideas for things to do in Las Vegas you can contact me here to book your own vacation in Sin City!
Discovereighng with Dana Travel | Dana Lewis | Waco, Texas | Serving Clients Nationwide.
© 2018 Discovereighng with Dana Travel | All rights reserved. | Privacy & Terms
All photos and content copyright of Discovereighng with Dana Travel unless otherwise noted.
Discovereighng with Dana Travel is an affiliate of KHM Travel Group.