Hey there! I'm back to continue in sharing our venture to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Just to recap, we visited this sweet little town for a quick overnight trip. We took a passenger ferry from Seattle, and had the best experience! One of the fun things we did that we hadn't planned on was a horse drawn carriage ride around part of the town.
We took our ride with the Talley Ho Carriage Company, the longest running carriage company in Victoria. We had a wonderful guide who took us around, giving us history lessons about the small city along the way.
We began the ride just outside the Parliament Building, looping around to the neighborhoods behind Parliament. We strolled by beautiful churches, colorful homes, and lush parks like, Beacon Hill. We looped back to the Parliament building, passing the back which is actually the front, and ended right back where we starting facing the harbor. The 45 minute ride was a fun rest while still learning and seeing more about Victoria. We explored areas we hadn't in our own, adding to our interest. The Talley Ho Carriage would be a perfect addition to a quick trip to Victoria for anyone.
Have you taken a horse drawn carriage ride? What did you love most, the ride, seeing more of your destination, or the history lessons?
You saved every penny. You worked every extra hour. You worked hard to plan & execute. And you are oh so proud. But are you afraid of being that person? You know the one who shares their perfect vacation on Facebook making all of your friends insanely jealous. I'm here to tell you why you wouldn't be wrong to share your vacation joy!
1. You worked extra, made financial sacrifices, and pinched every penny to make your vacation dreams come true. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. Share how hard you worked, and encourage others to do the same. After all, money spent on memories made are far better than things that break.
2. What do proud parents do when their children accomplish something great or head out on grand new adventures like summer camp or college? They create a beautiful post on social media to share that joy. Why wouldn't you do the same for your own great adventure!
3. Traveling is exciting! Experiencing new things & places is one of the greatest joys of life.
4. Feels good. Why wouldn't you share that feel good feeling? We share when we buy a new car, build a new home, create something great, or welcome a new child. Let's share all of the joys of life, including family vacations.
5. By sharing, you can inspire others to save & jump in to going on their own great vacation. Wouldn't this be the ultimate travel joy? To inspire someone else to go after their own dreams. Sometimes people just don't know how feasible travel is, and by sharing you may inspire others to have these same great experiences.
Of course sharing, and even social media, isn't for everyone, but, before I made travel my job, they helped me make sense of whether or not I wanted to share our adventures. For me the top driving force was to inspire others and make them see that travel CAN be and IS possible.
I hope you'll consider these basic thoughts the next time you travel, and are on the fence whether or not to share that joy with others. Have a wonderful day!
Discovereighng with Dana Travel | Dana Lewis | Waco, Texas | Serving Clients Nationwide.
© 2018 Discovereighng with Dana Travel | All rights reserved. | Privacy & Terms
All photos and content copyright of Discovereighng with Dana Travel unless otherwise noted.
Discovereighng with Dana Travel is an affiliate of KHM Travel Group.