You saved every penny. You worked every extra hour. You worked hard to plan & execute. And you are oh so proud. But are you afraid of being that person? You know the one who shares their perfect vacation on Facebook making all of your friends insanely jealous. I'm here to tell you why you wouldn't be wrong to share your vacation joy!
1. You worked extra, made financial sacrifices, and pinched every penny to make your vacation dreams come true. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. Share how hard you worked, and encourage others to do the same. After all, money spent on memories made are far better than things that break.
2. What do proud parents do when their children accomplish something great or head out on grand new adventures like summer camp or college? They create a beautiful post on social media to share that joy. Why wouldn't you do the same for your own great adventure!
3. Traveling is exciting! Experiencing new things & places is one of the greatest joys of life.
4. Feels good. Why wouldn't you share that feel good feeling? We share when we buy a new car, build a new home, create something great, or welcome a new child. Let's share all of the joys of life, including family vacations.
5. By sharing, you can inspire others to save & jump in to going on their own great vacation. Wouldn't this be the ultimate travel joy? To inspire someone else to go after their own dreams. Sometimes people just don't know how feasible travel is, and by sharing you may inspire others to have these same great experiences.
Of course sharing, and even social media, isn't for everyone, but, before I made travel my job, they helped me make sense of whether or not I wanted to share our adventures. For me the top driving force was to inspire others and make them see that travel CAN be and IS possible.
I hope you'll consider these basic thoughts the next time you travel, and are on the fence whether or not to share that joy with others. Have a wonderful day!